Glenmount Ave Renovation
1559 Glenmount Ave was purchased from the MLS after the sellers had listed the property. It required a fairly extensive renovation including gutting the kitchen and main bathroom. We also gutted the basement and then build a full bathroom with a shower down there. It had original hardwood floors that were in rough shape, but we were able to breathe some life back into them bringing them back to their former glory. The buyers were 1st time homeowners and were very excited to call this beautifully renovated house their home!
The kitchen was a little painful to look at with the matching dark floor tile and backsplash. That all had to go (along with the countertops)!
The kitchen was pretty narrow so we wanted to be sure we were utilizing the space as best as possible.
Choosing lighter colors for the walls, floors and cabinets certainly makes the room feel a little more spacious. Adding beautiful granite countertops was a significant unexpected bonus for a home at this price point.
The bathroom was pretty torn apart which required us to demo it down to the studs and start from scratch.
We rebuilt all of the walls, installed a new tub and shower combination, and again taking it to the next level with double sink granite countertop.
The dining room had layers of wallpaper which is always poses a challenge and typically requires significant wall repair.
Again the floors were rough but they turned out beautifully. We also decided to keep the built-ins but making some repairs and painting them white gave them some new life.
The "Sun Room" showed anything but sun when we bought the house! We had to install a new ceiling (after the new roof above) and do something with the old, dark, beat-up paneling.
Taking down the dark curtains and lightening up the walls really opened up the room. Add the new flooring and metal railing for the stairs really finished off the room.
The bedrooms were all a little rough. But they, like the house in general, had good bones that needed some love.
Once again, the floors turned out beautifully! After repairs to the walls and ceilings, so did the rest of each of the rooms.
The basement was, well.... nasty! We took down several walls and pulled up all of the flooring (among other things) to get rid of the smell(s).